Sunday, March 1, 2009

Obstacles are Always Opportunities in Disguise!

March madness begins.  Welcome to the Spring Season!  How can you create a strong pipeline and get closings this season? You can be successful.  It does not matter if you are a listing agent, a buyer's agent, a loan officer or a combination of all of them!

Today I'm going to review a basic idea, "Marketing 101".   

Determine Your Client's Need and Give Them a Way to Satisfy the Need

First things first.  Who is your client?  Is your client the home buyer, the home owner, a company that refers clients to you or a person who refers clients?  It may be all of them.  Here's where Marketing 101 comes into play.

#1  What is the need, or the problem, your client has?  
#2  What can you do to help solve the problem?

Obstacles are Always Opportunities in Disguise!

Example

Here's a fresh approach that was introduced to me several years ago.  I am a mortgage banker and I want to do loans.  I want real estate agents to refer borrowers to me.  Therefore, the real estate agent is my client.  I believe that most agents wish to increase their sales.  Think about how you can adapt the idea for your referral partners.  

"I am a different type of mortgage banker.  I believe that if you are going to help build my business by referring your clients to me, that I am obligated to help YOU build your business.  That is what I do.  I help you build your business.  I have an ongoing supply of individuals who wish to purchase homes.  I need to match those individuals with trusted referral partners."

Who are your potential or existing referral partners.  How can you help build their business? Concentrate on solutions and not the problem.  


No comments: